P F Whitehead Logistics is a trading name of P F Whitehead Transport Services Ltd
P F Whitehead Transport Services Ltd is a company registered in England
We respect any personal data you give to us and agree to comply with all relevant data protection laws in force within the UK at the time of instruction including the General Data Protection Regulations (as enacted in UK).
“You” refer to you the customer
“We” refer to P F Whitehead Transport Services Ltd
Lawful Basis and your rights
- The lawful basis upon which we rely to process any personal data is contract necessity and legal obligation in respect of the provision of the services.
- Should we wish to send you updates in respect of any services or facilities then we will seek your consent; you will always have the opportunity to quickly and easily unsubscribe in respect of any mailings.
- If you are a business contact that we have met through networking and wish to stay in contact with you, then we will rely on legitimate interest to do so since we believe that this is the nature of business networking and it would be in both of our interests to do so. For these purposes, you have the right to object to such processing, the right to erasure and the right to amendment of your personal details.
Sharing of your personal data
- In respect of client work, we will obtain personal data from you when taking instructions on the goods and services you require us to carry out and share data with other parties when: Working on our electronic systems (Provided through Microsoft Office 365)
- Working with permitted third parties with your consent (eg. Palletline)
- You may withdraw your consent to our sharing of data with third parties at any point in time; kindly do this in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
In respect of marketing, business contact data is stored as a part of the Wix website package which we professionally subscribe to. We do not operate a newsletter service at this time.
Transfer of Data outside the EEA
To the best of our knowledge, none of the client data within P F Whitehead Transport Services Ltd is transmitted outside of the EEA (unless this happens technologically without our knowledge).
Our electronic systems are based on Microsoft Office 365 for which all staff use a paid business package for the services we use in P F Whitehead Transport Services Ltd. Our systems inform us that all firm data is actually based in the UK. We use up to date commercial grade anti-virus software on our systems and these are automatically updated to maintain the safety of our electronic systems. All computers and devices are password protected. We print out the minimum required for paper files – and what files exist are kept in a locked office at all times.
Data Retention Periods
Ordinarily, we will store client file data for 7 years (statutory 6 years + 1 to allow overlap of years) and it will be erased, burnt, deleted thereafter. If there is a statutory/regulatory requirement to keep the documentation for a longer period – it will be kept for that period.
Your Data Subject Rights
Subject Access Requests: Should you wish to exercise your right to submit a Subject Access Request under GDPR/UK Data Protection Bill/Act then you must submit your request to P F Whitehead Transport Services Ltd together with a copy of your photo ID (passport/driving licence) – by email at email@example.com. Email is preferred so we can be clear as to what you wish to obtain.
No fee will be requested however in line with legislation, we reserve our right to charge a fee/refuse to comply in the event of a manifestly unfounded, excessive or repetitive request. We will check our systems for the requested information and a response will be made available to you within 28 calendar days.
We will ordinarily exercise any reasonable request for rectification (inaccurate / incomplete personal data), erasure, restriction of processing, portability of data as soon as reasonable practicable save unless there is a lawful reason as to why we need not comply with such request.
If you require your data to be ported to another firm – then we will do that provided all fees that are undisputed and due have been paid.
If you are concerned about the way we have handled your personal data – you have the right to complain to the ICO. You should note that they have an expectation that you will have raised it with P F Whitehead Transport Services Ltd directly first so please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance and your complaint will be dealt with expeditiously.
Should you want external advice, full information as to how can raise a concern with P F Whitehead Transport Services Ltd (and/or the ICO) is available at the ICO’s website https://ico.org.uk/for-thepublic/raising-concerns/
P F Whitehead Transport Services Ltd